Chasing Amy

We don't have tomorrow. We only have today.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

This is hard work!
I got to Mexico City a few days ago. I arrived late at night and had to wait for the hostel car to pick me up. I thought I was definitly gonna die on the way to the hostel as at the crossroads if the light was red he just beeped the horn and kept going! I soon found this was to be the norm for driving in Mexico City...
First couple of days were hard and then I met 3 people that I spent the next 2 days with. The first day we went to the Anthropology Museam and then the zoo to see the Mexican Wolf (see pics) and the second day we went to the pyramids north of the city and they were amazing! Its hard to believe that they are only now digging up and excavating things that date back to 200AD and America has museams with stuff from the 1950's!
All in all its so different here. I was told about one protest that took place in 1968 by students and the goverment didnt want the publicity as it was hosting the olympic games the next day so they shot them all - 1000 of them!! They later covered it up and said there was only 30 or so people. Its not just the language and the buildings that are different, the culture, value system, beliefs and ideals are all totally different from Europe and America!
Will upload pics when I can.
Am going to Puebla on Monday I want to get out of this city, 22 million people is hard to get your head around!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home